  From: Andy Matthews
  To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:16 AM
  Subject: [jQuery] Coldfusion: using $.get() to directly call a CFC living
outside of the webroot

  Right now m JS looks like this:

  $.get("psychic.cfm", {method:idArr[0],key:idArr[1]}, function(data){
      //do some stuff
  });

  psychic.cfm contains the following code:
  <cfset VARIABLES.ps = CreateObject("component","includes.salesman")>
  <cfparam name="URL.method" default="">
  <cfparam name="URL.key" default="">
  <cfset func = VARIABLES.ps[URL.method]>
  <cfoutput>#func(URL.key)#</cfoutput>

  It's the only way that I can think of to call a CFC outside of my webroot. I
don't like having to do this as it requires a middle-man page. The upside is
that it works flawlessly.

  I do have a mapping to the CFC directory (not the one above):
  apps.cfcs.theCFCinQuestion

  Is there any way to call against that CFC directly instead of having to use a
middle page?

  Andy Matthews
  Senior Coldfusion Developer

  Office:  877.707.5467 x747