Ability to show a subset of returned data (within each "record") and hide
the rest.  On select, pick the data apart to put in different hidden fields.

So if each record of my data contains a name, address, city, state, zip,
phone number.  I want to show in the autocomplete results only the name and
phone number.  On select, I would want the autocomplete box to have the name
entered.  Then I'd want to be able to pick out other pieces of the data to
enter into hidden fields for address, city, etc.

So to the user the autocomplete results look something like:
Joe  Smart      209-555-5475
Tina Smith      559-286-9841
Tom Smothers    925-452-8152

They "select" Tom Smothers and the box shows Tom Smothers.  Then I populate
the hidden fields with the rest of Tom's info.

Clear as mud?  :-)