Lines 472-474 of iautocomplete.js:

        jQuery('body', document).append('<div id="autocompleteHelper"
style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; z-index: 30001; display:
none;"><ul style="margin: 0;padding: 0; list-style: none; z-index:
30002;">&nbsp;</ul></div>');
        jQuery.iAuto.helper = jQuery('#autocompleteHelper');
        jQuery.iAuto.content = jQuery('ul', jQuery.iAuto.helper);

If an id was added to the ul like (autocompleteList), and then
'#autocompleteList' replaced 'ul' on line 474, then I'm pretty sure
the results would be added to the id, instead of the ul as it is now.
The only issue with my thinking is that the results should be added to
the ul *within* the #autocompleteHelper div, but for some reason,
that's not happening, at least for me. I might try this tomorrow when
I have time.