Well, for example...I've a table that is showing a lot of userdata
(phone numbers, locations, birth dates and some other stuff). Some of
the users don't want to see all the informations for whatever reasons,
so I let them decide what they'll get to see. I'm using it with the
popup window shown in the second table on the demo page.

Roman,

Along with saveState, an option to specify a custom function callback
to be called when the user toggled a column would be handy if we want
to customize the way columns preferences should be managed (eg:
session or db) so we can have total control of columns preferences
management.

Good job!

--
Fabien Meghazi