Jörn,

>I've achieved some progress on the autocomplte plugin. The features
>added by Dan Switzer to Dylan's initial plugin are now merged with
>modifications for completing multiple values, like in the gmail
>recpient-field.
>
>I made some minor API changes, changed a lot of default values to
>provide nice behaviour without specifying any options and refactored
>quite a lot of code to be able to fix the bugs I most likely introduced.
>I switched to event delegation for the select box, possibly improving
>performance a bit. Though Dylan's and Dan's caching code is already
>providing fast-as-hell autocompletition.
>
>There is one major issue I want to solve before publishing a first
>release of that rewrite. Until then the code can be found in jQuery's
>repository[1], if anyone is interested in testing: You're welcome!

One issue I noticed by looking at the code is that the findValue() won't
work with multi-selects. I actually started adding the code and removed it,
because I realized this would be tricky w/the current code structure.

The findValue() callback should probably return an array of all the matches
found.

-Dan