Jörn Zaefferer schrieb:

Rick Faircloth schrieb:
Commenting out the "blur" line does prevent IE from locking up.
(Why doesn't this happen in FF?), but then, of course, no validation occurs.

When I change "blur" to "keyup" everything seems to work fine.

What's up with that?  Keyup is fine, but I prefer to allow users a little
more
time to correct entries rather than hammering them with an error message
per keystroke, perhaps.

I did comment out the debug statement, too... forgot that would prevent
submission...
I thought that you could prevent any problems with validation on blur by disabling focusInvalid. Let me know if you find anything that may exaplain why its happening.

An interesting approach would be keyup with a timeout, like in the autocomplete plugin.

What about the change event?

-- Klaus