On Thu, Apr 12, 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007, Jörn Zaefferer wrote:
>
> >  Ralf S. Engelschall schrieb:

> > > It seems to be even worse: the WebKit SVN trunk is _extremely_ different
> > > branch. _THERE_ I cannot find anything related to firing a "load" event
> > > in the htmltokenizer.cpp source. So looks like although WebKit SVN trunk
> > > would already support this, the WebKit version used in Safari is still
> > > an older one which doesn't support it. Hmmm... then we have no luck with
> > > the current Safari versions at all and would have to wait a few years
> > > until things get better in the Apple area...
> > >
> >  I think Chris Domigan has done quite some stuff on that matter. He had a
> >  components for loading other scripts, though I'm not sure if or how he
> > fixed
> >  the safari issue. I think you'd need to look for 'jspax'.
>
> I guess you are talking about this piece of code:
>
> http://www.jspax.org/package_src.js
>
> Very good hint! Thanks. He does something really clever: he exploits the
> fact that when you insert N <script> nodes into the DOM, despite the
> fact that most browsers _LOAD_ the <scripts> in parallel, their code
> _execution_ is done in the sequence of the DOM node order. So, the jspax
> stuff simply adds a second <script> without any external references but
> with local code just _after_ the <script> which loads the code. This
> does the trick! The second <script> code is executed _after_ the code
> of the first <script> is available. Bingo! That's it. I'll immediately
> investigate and try to modify my jquery.xsajax.js plugin to use this
> trick for Safari (although it should work equally well for all browsers,
> but who knows...)

Ok, I've added a variant based on the two <script> tags into
jquery.xsajax.js. In Konqueror it fires the callback, but unfortunately
always immediately. I don't know why, but Konqueror/KHTML is different
enough from Safari/WebKit, so this doesn't have to mean anything.

So, could someone with Safari at hand be so kind and quickly view
http://trainofthoughts.org/repo/export/jquery/jquery.xsajax.test.html
and tell me what output sequence (N. xxxxx, N. xxxx) is visible?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com