Aaron,

Nice work tracking down all this info on the Google Toolbar.  I'm
saving this post because I know I'll need it at some point in the
future.  Thanks!

Mike

Field's with empty (or non-existent) title attributes *will* get taken over
by GT, but if the field already has a non-blank title attribute, then it's
safe. And if you're using plugin setting exclusively to define error
messages, then title attributes don't matter at all because Validate will
never look there (again, this relies on my line-swap fix[2] being applied)
when it's looking for a field's error messages.

[1]
http://www.google.com/support/firefox/bin/answer.py?answer=18183&topic=9178
[2]
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/msg/8b9fa3d750c74f2b