Hi there,

I had the exact same problem with the table sorter, and I didn't want
to re-load the cache each time the row was removed (I was removing
them from the DOM rather than hiding).

Basically, I found I needed to patch the table sorter to allow a re-
stripe.

The changes I made were as follow:

1. Below 'var oTable = this;' add 'oTable.defaults = defaults;'

2. After the 'appendToTable' method I added the following method:

reStripRows: function(o) {
  if(o.defaults.stripingRowClass) {
    jQuery("> tbody:first/
tr",o).removeClass(o.defaults.stripingRowClass[0]).removeClass(o.defaults.stripingRowClass[1]);
    jQuery.tableSorter.utils.stripRows(o,o.defaults);
}

Then outside of the table sorter I can re-stripe using:
jQuery.tableSorter.utils.reStripRows(table); (where table is the DOM
table element).

Hope that helps.

Remy.