From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brad Perkins
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 4:25 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] serialize problems w/ select menu on IE

I'm using jQuery 1.1.2.

I'm using this code to serialize form data before an Ajax submit.

var params = $('input,select,textarea').serialize();

The form has multiple select menus. On IE 6 and IE 7 the value from
one select is always blank when serialized regardless of the selected
option. This is causing the form to not validate server side.

The HTML for the <select> is

<select name="f_state_menu">
<option value="">Select One...</option>
<option>OUT-SPARE</option>
<option>OUT-REPAIR</option>
<option>OUT-CALIBRATION</option>
<option>OUT-DECOMMISSIONED</option>
<option>OUT-OTHER</option>
<option>SHIPPED-REPAIR</option>
<option>SHIPPED-CALIBRATION</option>
<option>SHIPPED-BETWEEN SITES</option>
</select>

Firefox and Opera work fine. Safari, Firefox and Camino when tested on
a Mac work fine too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad