Hi all,

I have been using Ext and jQuery for a few weeks now. One issue with
this combination is the sheer volume of JavaScript and CSS that needs
to be used. Because I am working with a large application I have been
experiementing with different techniques to improve performance,
minimizing the download of JS and CSS. To read about my experiences
and a new technique I am using you can view explanations and examples
on my blog:
http://matthew.delmarters.com/weblog/injecting-javascript-and-css-into-iframes/

The core technique that I am experimenting with is "code injection" -
effectively allowing you to download the JavaScript and CSS once and
then reuse it by injecting it into Iframes. This solution is targeted
at Web Applications which commonly use Iframes for complex layouts and
to control memory usage in larger apps without moving to the
complexity of a Single Page Interface (SPI). I also summarize and
explain other methods available to developers for minimising their
code and speeding up the loading time of their application.

I thought people on this list may like to read about the techniques
available, especially if they are using Ext like I am. I would also
like to get some perspective on the "injection" concept by seeing what
other developers think of it...

Regards,
Matthew