On 4/17/07, Josh Nathanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

1) I'm not adding any methods, just functions (I think) - the calls would
be
in the form $.jqURL.myfunc() -- so am I writing a plugin or an extension?

In my mind, there really isn't much of a difference (if any) between plugins
and extensions. Though if I had to choose, I would go with extension. Most
people, IMO, associate plugins with adding methods to the jQuery object.

2) Since I'm writing functions, rather than methods, in those cases I don't
need to return the jQuery object, correct?

Correct, you only need to return the jQuery object if you're adding methods
to it, like typical plugins do (and even then, only if you're method doesn't
already return some other value).

--
Aaron Heimlich
Web Developer