Show me exactly what XML you are attempting to return, I'm semi-familiar
with Taconite so I should be able to make some sense of it. Also, I'm no CF
whiz, but this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

   <CFCONTENT type="text/html" reset="yes">

    <CFHEADER name="Content-Type" value="text/xml">

From what I understand from the ColdFusion 4.5 CFML Reference[1],
<CFCONTENT> sets the Content-Type of the page, and the <CFHEADER> tag you're
using is doing the same thing.

Try this, though (be warned, I have *very* limited knowledge of CF)

<CFIF IsDefined("URL.isAjax")>

    <CFINCLUDE for cf processing of data

    <CFHEADER name="Content-Type" value="text/xml">

    <CFOUTPUT>
        <taconite>
            <!-- your taconite stuff here -->
        </taconite>
    </CFOUTPUT>

<CFELSE>

    <HTML xmlns=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml>

    <HEAD>

    <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
/>

    <BODY>

    Now the actual page content… scripts, including one that posts back to
the

    same page ( I guess this is the Ajax post… $.post("CalcTest.cfm",
Params); ),

    then the body, including the form (no submit button, everything is
posted on blur)

    </BODY>

    </HTML>

</CFIF>