Jake,

>Would you guys share the way you combine the different libs, and any other
>wisdom you can shed.
>
>My first try failed, with an error message that jquery wasn't defined. Do I
>have to cat all my srcs along with jquery.js to do a packer??

It can be a lot of trial and error at times. However, today I noticed an
issue w/Dean Edwards Packer (http://dean.edwards.name/packer/.)

The "shrink variables" option can really munge code. I've found it's
extremely unreliable.

As for order of the libs, that just depends. I avoid trying to make one
gigantic packed file. The Interface website now has a "dependency" chart
that will show you which plug-ins/files you need and what order they need to
be included.

So, for the project I'm working on, I'm using the compressed version of
jQuery--and loading that separate. I'm then compressing just the Interface
plug-ins I'm actually using--and packed those up separate.

I don't pack unrelated code together.

Hope this helps!

-Dan