try this!
$.ajaxSetup({beforeSend:function(req){req.setRequestHeader
("User-Agent","pokemon")}})

On 4/22/07, Yansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hmm, I thought I responded earlier but it seems google groups didn't
get my message. Apologies if I'm double posting.

On Apr 23, 12:48 am, "Dan G. Switzer, II" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What are you trying to do exactly? The user agent is passed in during a
XHR
> request--just like a normal HTTP call.
>
> Also, the navigator.userAgent is available to the core template (and
> wouldn't change via an AJAX call.)
>
> -Dan

I'm writing a greasemonkey script that calls a page which is served up
differently for IE than for FF, so I want to add the Mozilla/FF user
agent string to the request.

On Apr 23, 2:38 am, "????" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>             beforeSend:function(req){req.setRequestHeader
> ("User-Agent","pokemon")},
>
> inside a $.ajax call sets my user-agent to pokemon. (tested in firefox2)
>
> On 4/22/07, Yansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Jake, I tried your suggestion but it didn't seem to work for
me. I did what you said and changed it to an $.ajax call instead of
$.get, but no joy.

I ended up just using a generic non-jQuery XMLhttpRequest and
specifying the user agent in that request. It seemed to do the trick.

Thanks anyway. :)

--
Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ - יעקב   ʝǡǩȩ   ᎫᎪᏦᎬ