I wish I could show the page but I can't (it is a cms that is protected).
Here is the code:

This one reverts.

// drag and drop content items in content_right
$("#contentSortContainerLeft").Sortable({
 accept:   'entry-block',
 activeclass: 'sortableactive',
 hoverclass: 'sortablehover',
 helperclass: 'sorthelper',
 containment: 'sortableContainer',
 opacity:   0.4,
 fx:   200,
 axis:  'vertically',
 floats:  true,
 ghosting:  false,
 onStop:   function(){
     var hash = $.SortSerialize('contentSortContainerLeft').hash;
     $.ajax({ type: "POST",
       url: "/cms/ajax/saveSort/",
       data: hash + "&itemType=content",
       success: function(result){
        if(String(result.responseText).length > 0) alert(
result.responseText);
       }});

This one works fine. See any differences? Me either (other than css
classes).

// drag and drop nav items
$("#left > div.sortables").Sortable({
 accept:   'file-block',
 activeClass: 'file-block-hover',
 opacity:   0.4,
 fx:   200,
 axis:  'vertically',
 floats:  true,
 ghosting:  false,
 onStop:   function(){
     var hash = $.SortSerialize('sortableContainer').hash;
     $.ajax({ type: "POST",
       url: "/cms/ajax/saveSort/",
       data: hash + "&itemType="+__itemType,
       success: function(result){
        if(String(result.responseText).length > 0) alert(
result.responseText);
       }});

And I even tried this one (with different css names that is).

$('ul').Sortable(
  {
   accept :   'sortableitem',
   helperclass :  'sorthelper',
   activeclass :  'sortableactive',
   hoverclass :  'sortablehover',
   opacity:   0.8,
   fx:    200,
   axis:   'vertically',
   opacity:  0.4,
   revert:   true
  }
 )

That is from the demos (http://interface.eyecon.ro/demos/sort_lists.html).

The html is basically the same. These are draggable divs. The dragging
works, it just automatically puts it right back into the same position as it
started until I do a hard refresh.

On 4/22/07, Dan G. Switzer, II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

John,

>Hello? Anyone?

Your description w/out code to reference is pretty vague. I would guess
you'd get more help if you provide a link to the page that's causing the
problem--or an example of the problem.

-Dan

>On 4/21/07, John C. Bland II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>       Ok...this one is dumb but it is happening and I can't see
where/why.

>       Same exact code is copied/pasted then tweaked slightly. The tweak
is
>merely a change of which container ID to target and the css classes for
>respective elements (entry-block vs file-block, etc).
>
>       Now...in one place the sort works just fine. I have an Ajax call
that
>hits the server and saves the sort.
>
>       In the other two places the sort immediately reverts to the
original
>order BUT the Ajax call is completed and refreshing the page shows the
new
>sort.
>
>       I've tried every parameter shown on the docs screen. I copied the
>code (including some of the css) exactly from the examples on the
Interface