For the record, recent version of the jQuery corner plugin do not have
a problem with $ usage.

http://dev.jquery.com/browser/trunk/plugins/corner/jquery.corner.js?format=txt

Mike

Think perhaps that jQuery rounded corners in one of those that needs to
be re-done, 'cos
no matter what order I call the libraries, whether I use
jQuery.noConflict() or not, it just
will not round the box corners.

The sole reason of trying to use prototype is cos of PeriodicalUpdater
which makes it easy
for me to loop a function.  I say easy cos I'm not a coder. So if anyone
can point out a
jQuery-equivalent to PeriodicalUpdater, I'll just stick with jQuery for
all my js needs.

TIA