Have you thought of starting with a blank page and filling it with ajax,
then only showing the items based on the #name??? then you would only have
to bind 1/26 of them at a time.

On 4/23/07, Alessandro Portale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions.

> While not unobtrusive, you'd be better off generated that content
w/embedded
> onclick events.
> This seriously goes against the jQuery philosophy, but DOM parsing is
just
> sluggish when you have thousands of elements.

I could live with not being 100% philosophy compliant with JQuery in
order to have the pages working on all browsers. However, I cannot
modify the HTML data (besides a few inclusions in the headers) and
thus am forced to be unobtrusive. That's the perfect job for JQuery :)

> With all that said, I can't ever imagine why I'd need a page w/12,000
links
> on it. It sure seems like you'd be better served by generated links
> on-demand.

Those monster pages are generated references for an Application
Library (for example http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3-snapshot/functions.html
and http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3-snapshot/qwidget.html). Splitting up
at least the first page and fixing the HTML will be done soon. But for
now, I need to handle those pages.

Alessandro

--
Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ - יעקב   ʝǡǩȩ   ᎫᎪᏦᎬ