Hi Dave,

Sean, I am fishing...If you are supporting a jQuery app, how much
effort goes into supporting browser changes and incompatibilities?. - Dave

Most of the browser incompatibilities I've had to deal with have been
with CSS not with javascript... however if I've run across something
odd it has been outside of jQuery's control and my own responsibility.
I've been on this mailing list for a long time and the jQuery team is
really good about making sure the core and basic plugins work in all
browsers, and also make an active effort to fix bugs.

Since your fishing, let me bite:
Time is becoming very expensive and jQuery does an excellent job of
minimizing the time spent coding in javascript and hides some of the
ugliness that is inevitable in a cross-browser language.

~Sean