Hi.

We've learned over time to build in backbutton functionality and
bookmarkability to our DHTML widgets or at least try to ascertain what
our clients will want ahead of time... Just because although people
usually don't think to ask up front, often when they use the application
a bit and they can't bookmark, paste URLs, or use their browser back
button they come back asking for some or all of those.

This library takes a simple approach to creating at least a model that
could be used to address all of those in a coherent way:

http://codinginparadise.org/projects/dhtml_history/README.html

Is there similar thinking in the jQuery world?  I've seen:

http://www.stilbuero.de/jquery/history/

And

http://www.mikage.to/jquery/jquery_history.html

Which I _think_ are more specific and partial solutions, unless maybe
I've missed some documentation for those.