So I saw this in the docs:

Note: Avoid using this (.load) to load scripts, instead use
$.getScript. IE strips script tags when there aren't any other
characters in front of it.

So I thought I'd try putting the script at the end of the page that's
being loaded seeing as how there would be "other characters in front
of it" but no joy.  The JavaScript that's in the loaded page doesn't
work.

Is there a way to work around this IE problem?

If not, how do other people manage ajax web apps?  Do you load every
single potentially needed js file in the root page?

Besides, there are things I'd need to have executed on doc ready when
the new page is loaded.