just wondering, why not call it jquery 2.0? what's with all this 1.0, 1.1,
1.1.3?

----- Original Message ----
From: John Resig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:21:37 PM
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Estimated 1.1.3 release date?

> John! Wow :) Did not expect you to chime in on this!

No problem - I'm busy at the moment, but I still like to watch out for
meta-problems (site issues, releases dates, etc.)

> First thing's first... I bought your book "Pro Javascript
> Techniques" (published 2006?).. and my respect and recognition for
> your talent has skyrocketed since. jQuery itself demonstrates very
> clearly that you are skilled, but after even starting to read that
> book I was very pleasantly surprised. No fluff, no mess... just right
> into the JS goodness :).

Exactly. I hate books that nuts around talking about "The History of
JavaScript" and "this is how you use document.write". I'm a
programmer, I want code :-) (Especially code that is still relevant.)
Glad you're enjoying it, though!

> Now back to the original topic lol.. glad to hear 1.1.3 will be out
> soon. Hope things are not getting too stressful over there.
>
> Looking forward to more jQuery releases! Have a good one.

Yeah, things are less than ideal right now - however I really want to
squeeze some time in and get the last changes into this release.
There's speed improvements across the board (faster selectors and
faster animations) along with a bunch of bug fixes. Not too shabby for
a point release. I just have to stomp some final bugs then we can move
ahead and release the alpha. (Just need to find a moment to clear my
head.)

--John