This issue is now fixed.

http://dev.jquery.com/browser/trunk/plugins/blockUI/jquery.block.js?format=txt

Mike

On 4/26/07, Mike Alsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ugh, that's nasty.  Yes, this is a layout issue with IE due to its
whacky "hasLayout" notion.  The plugin should force that property to
true (so that you don't need an explicit height).  I will make that
change and upload a new version tonight.  In the mean time, you can
replace the "block" method in the plugin with the following:
$.fn.block = function(msg, css) {
    return this.each(function() {
                if (!this.$pos_checked) {
            if ($.css(this,"position") == 'static') {
                this.style.position = 'relative';
                this.style.zoom = 1; // force 'hasLayout' in IE
            }
            this.$pos_checked = 1;
        }
        $.blockUI.impl.install(this, msg, css);
    });
};

Thanks for taking the time to put this example together, Stuart.

Cheers.

Mike