On Apr 27, 6:22 am, Ariel Jakobovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is anyone else concerned by the fact that the datepicker plugin, which I love
> and appreciate, is 32K? unpacked, of course, but that's half the size of
> jQuery itself.
>
> What figures are people shooting for for the size of their javascript
> download?

Maybe there should be lite versions of plugins that only offered very
basic functionality while sacrificing customisation?

While the file size for datePicker v2 is greater than v1 (and has
dependencies which will also increase the size) it offers a lot more
over the old version. Also, there is nothing to stop people using the
old one (unless it is not updated if a future jQuery breaks it).