imatts,

I'm not sure I understand.  Are you manually modifying text in the
editor and then clicking the submit button?  Or are you modifying the
text via JavaScript?  Could you post a page that demonstrates the
problem?

Mike

I've just noticed that if I submit the form again without changing anything,
the modified text is picked up in the $_POST array, on the second try. Now
I'm wondering if there's a way to simulate this update of the input data
before sending the form, so that it has the correct data on the first
attempt?