Would you mind filing a new ticket so that this doesn't get lost in
the archives? http://dev.jquery.com/newticket/

--
Brandon Aaron

On 5/1/07, Wizzud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a problem with IE and the fix method of jquery.event, whereby it (IE)
sometimes objects to the variable b (=document.body) not being an object.
This usually happens on a page refresh, but cannot reliably be re-produced.
The solution I have put in place is a very small modification to the
assignment of the 'e' and 'b' variables prior to setting event.pageX and
event.pageY (if they are not available).

Using jquery 1.1.2 rev 1465 code, at line 2904 I changed

var e = document.documentElement, b = document.body;

var e = document.documentElement || {}, b = document.body || {};

and this solved the problem.

I have not been able to find any reports of anybody else having this same
problem, so why it should be happening to me I'm not sure. I am developing
with the Ext library, using jquery as the engine, and I don't know if that
is having any effect, but if it is I can't see why it should!
Anyway, its a really minor change, but if it could be incorporated into the
jquery core it would save me having to re-apply it on updates?