From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rob Desbois
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:35 AM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Force the FIRST option to be selected in a select box.

Andy,

<option selected="selected"> and <option selected> both work fine for me in
FF2.0.0.3 under HTML 4.01 strict.
Can you post a link to the page?

Without trying I'm not sure off-hand how to use jQuery for selection,
although IIRC using the DOM I tihnk this should work (untested):
   var select = $("#select-id");
   select[0].selectedIndex = 0;

Rob