Thanks Erik,

I've given that a try and it can not catch the request.status == 401
until after it prompts the user. Shame really. I've even tried
supplying a fake username/password, but it still prompts for login if
it doesn't authenticate with the user/pass provided. I'm trying to
look into other headers I can send, or possible polling of values to
catch the failed credentials early. You would think this wouldn't be
an impossibly task. If there's any other suggest, I'd be glad to hear
then, otherwise I'll try to post the solution if/when I find one.

~Sean