The onchange select works, but the onload doesn't =/ Something to do with
is(".selected") ? Thanks.

  if ($("#jobtype_row select").is(".selected")){
    switch ($(this).val()){
         case 'p':
    $("#dayrate_row").hide();
             $("#salary_row").show();
             break;
         case 'f':
    $("#salary_row").hide();
             $("#dayrate_row").show();
             break;
         default:
             $("#salary_row").hide();
             $("#dayrate_row").hide();
             break;
  $("#jobtype_row select").change(function(){
      switch ($(this).val()){
         case 'p':
    $("#dayrate_row").hide();
             $("#salary_row").show();