Hey,

I got it working in IE & FF by adding a non-breaking space before the
<script> tag (echoed in PHP):
   echo " <script
type='text/javascript'>$('#warn').html('required!');</script>";

$.getScript didn't work for either browser (perhaps because I'm calling a
PHP document?).

I'll have a look at the llnl.gov code next week.

Thanks for the pointers, folks.
And happy Quatro De Mayo.

________
SEAN O