Hey Glen,

div.foo.bar {} works perfectly in IE6, IE7, and FF.

Beware of this CSS syntax does in IE6 (I'm not referring to the jQuery selector of course; just the pure css selector). I've had quite a few problems with it in the past.

I started putting together a test page to show you some issues with it, but then I read the comments to Ben Nadel's post, and someone linked to Eric Meyer's test page, so I'll just link to that one, too:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/tests/multiclass.html

Look at the same page in both Firefox (which gets it right) and IE6 (which doesn't).

Assigning multiple classes to elements works great. It's just referring to multiple classes to apply styles that doesn't (in IE).

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com