On May 9, 2:18 pm, Paul Malan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I hope you won't mind that I didn't experiment to learn this answer
> for myself, but how does your plugin handle content that expands
> within these equalized divs?
>
> For example, if #col2 contains a nested, hidden div, and that div is
> shown via jQuery.  I am using a similar solution right now, but if
> there is hidden content it leaves a big old gap at the bottom of the
> column to accommodate.
>
> Am I making sense?

Excellent question, Paul.

My recommendation is to call $(elems).equalizeCols() anytime that you
show/hide/update content in one of the columns.

A slightly more difficult issue is how to handle text resizing in the
browser. So far, the only way I've found to deal with that is to use
the jQem plugin:

http://davecardwell.co.uk/geekery/javascript/jquery/jqem/0.2/

Then do something like this to resize the cols if the browser font
size changes:

$(document).ready(function() {
        $.jqem.init();
        $.jqem.bind( function() {
                $(elems).equalizeCols();

So far, this technique seems to work pretty well for me.