Sorry, I've been in my own little world.
is the script that's running the content replacement?
http://www.svplace.com/teste/load.js

if so, I can't tell which function is executing for which things.
What function does the binding on the page that's getting loaded into
the div?

I still make the recommendation that you write a function (with a
name) that does the binding on the called page and place that in the
callback function of the load.

mybindingfunction = function(){
//      look for the a tags in the body of the new page and bind
}

originalbinding function(){
        //other code here
        //load call here
        $('#targetdiv').load(linkval, function(){
        // when new information is loaded, the links within the page
will
need to be binded
        mybindingfunction();

IE may be attempting to do it before the new page is loaded.  with the
callback function, you ensure that the new content is loaded before
attempting to bind anything.