Jose,

>would it be possible to have an option so that the result output is a table
>instead of a list ? This is useful when you just want to filter a table (or
>use the table row to select fields for a form).

You can use the "formatItem" mapping to map to a function to use to generate
the formatting for each row. While your output will still be wrapped in a
<li />, you could generate <div /> tags to emulate a tabular layout.

>Related to this, how can I set the width of the results so that is wider
>than the autocomplete field ? I tried changing the css width with no
>success

There's a "width" mapping you can use to override the default
behavior--which is to base the width on the width of the input element.

-Dan