I personally would still love to see the option built
in for half star ratings; I've been waiting on
integrating the plugin until such a thing is
available. :)

(half star ratings meaning, you can rate something 3.5
stars, as opposed to just the average showing up as
3.5 stars once the integer ratings are averaged)

--kim

--- Mario Moura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> I would like to suggest a improvement in this
> amazing plugin
> http://php.scripts.psu.edu/rja171/widgets/rating.php
>
> look  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/
>
> You have User Rating: 7.4/10 average .
>
> This average could be in a container for example
> and should be the default value.
>
> About the action I still confuse.
>
> My CMS provide me:
> <form class="nodevote-form" id="nodevote-rate-form"
> method="post"
> action="/home/nodevote/18/add">
> <select id="edit-vote" class="form-select"
> name="vote">
> <option value="0">Select</option>
> <option value="1">1</option>
> <option value="2">2</option>
> <option selected="selected" value="7">7</option>
> <input type="submit" class="form-submit"
> value="Vote" id="edit-button"
> name="op"/>
>

> So two things are important.
> If  none <option> isnt selected so Request user vote
> , and after vote append
> vote like Imdb did.
> if  <option selected="selected" so show vote (and
> you should be able to edit
> this)
>
> Another very interesting feature is the rollover
> system (10 start, with
> average and you can vote in same place)
>
> I like imdb Star Rating System and I think it is the
> best solution so why
> not make something similar.
>
> Imdb use Ajax.
>
> It is just a suggestion and congratulation to author
> of Star Rating System.
>
> Regards
>
> Mario

 the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware
protection.