Hi,

just a quick guess:

isn't focus() a pure DOM method?

Maybe this works:

$(this).find("input")[0].focus();

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
Hi,

I wanted to get some advice on how I can troubleshoot this problem.
When I click on an particular block of text, I'd like to have that
text replaced by a editable INPUT text field with the value of the
text, with the cursor automatically in the text field.  Unfortunately,
the following block inserts the text field properly, but doesn't put
the focus of the cursor in the text field:

                $(".tabs-selected .tabText").click( function() {
                        var lastParensIndex = $
(this).text().lastIndexOf(" (");
                        var item = $(this).html().substring(0,
lastParensIndex);
                        var newHtml = $(this).html().replace(item,
'<form name="editableTabText" action="javascript:var cwin=$
(\'#newTabText\').trigger(\'blur\');"><input id="newTabText"
type="text" size="10" value="' + item + '"></form>');
                        $(this).empty().append( newHtml );
                        $(this).find("input").focus();
                } );

Does anyone have any ideas how I might troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks, - Dave