I too have experienced an issue when a form field is hidden cos its
populated by some other script on the page (on some user action) like for
eg, selecting something from a custom drop down widget populates a hidden
field and till then the form validate is put on the hidden field.

Once it reaches that field things stop working.

Whats a better workaround for this (other than putting the elements outside
the focus of the page)?

Can we turn default focus on error elements off?

On 5/18/07, Jörn Zaefferer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Gahhhhhhhhhh.......I just fixed it.  Apparently, when the validator
> script tries to focus on a field in a form that is hidden with
> display: none, ie throws some script error, and stops scripting. I
> can't believe how long it took to find that out.  It was easy enough
> to position the form that was meant to be hidden off the page with
> absolute positioning after that, and lo and behold, problem solved.
> Although, if anyone has a better solution to make sure the validator
> functions are ran with the thickbox content, please let me know.

Are you working with beta 3 of the validation plugin? I've actually seen
that problem before and though I had fixed it by running the focus-stuff
only on submit-events (not on blur etc.). But in your case it seems like
the issue occurs also on submit.

If you can confirm that, I'd put the try-catch-block around the focusing
block back in.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de