Welcome to jQuery!

Could you provide some more context to your question? I'm a little
confused as to what you are asking about. In general callbacks are
used in order to keep things synchronized. Especially things like AJAX
and FX. Without callbacks we wouldn't easily be able to know when
those items where done executing.

--
Brandon Aaron