How about using a class?
I haven't tested it but I believe this is faster than using field names to
filter on.

--rob

On 5/22/07, Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am writing a script that scans a list of items that each contain
form fields and doing something based on the value of the field in
each item.  I came up with the following code, which does seem to work
as intended, but execution can take upwards of 500ms, which I feel is
rather slow.

var container = '#myElem';

$(container.children ()).each (function ()
{
        thisVal = parseInt ($('[EMAIL PROTECTED]"quantity"]', this).attr
('value'),
10);
        // Do stuff
});

Obviously the fields can't have the same ID as that would break the
validity of the HTML.  Field names do not have to be unique so it
seemed logical to use them as the basis of selecting the collection of
elements to work with.

--
Rob Desbois
Eml: [EMAIL PROTECTED]