Background: My usual server-side languages are ASP (not .NET) and MS
SQL...

I've manually constructed JSON strings server-side.  Worth the effort
because JavaScript picks them apart naturally, no special library
required.

In the other direction, I've relied on hacks.  Usually CSV or
semicolon delimited strings.  Maybe there's a better way?  Thought I'd
ask...

Sam

PS: I've had a problem in the past which went like this:

Form data, captured server-side (my pre-JavaScript days) would very
occasionally (1 in 5,000 times) lose a character from a radio button
"value".  I never diagnosed the problem, but I've come to believe that
form data needs a checksum or integrity check of some type before
posting the result to a database.

Any similar experiences or solutions for this?