Mike Alsup wrote:

I've been working on consolidating and refactoring my media plugins.
The result is a single plugin that handles virtually any media type.

Supported Media Players:
  - Flash
  - Quicktime
  - Real Player
  - Silverlight
  - Windows Media Player
  - iframe

Supported Media Formats:
 Any types supported by the above players, such as:
   Video: asf, avi, flv, mov, mpg, mpeg, mp4, qt, smil, swf, w
   Audio: aif, aac, au, gsm, mid, midi, mov, mp3, m4a, snd, rm
   Other: bmp, html, pdf, psd, qif, qtif, qti, tif, tiff, xaml

Docs and demos can be found at:  http://malsup.com/jquery/media/

Mike

I can tell this is going to be really useful, thanks Mike. I was wondering how easy it would be change it to use this approach for embedding flash: http://alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay . I'm not sure that there's any real benefit to it (validation) in this situation seeing as the <embed> tags are delivered in the DOM only but standards are always good and you could avoid some browser sniffing.

   Thanks again,
   Rob