Klaus Hartl wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

I noticed when I create my JQuery tabs, the "onShow" callback function
is automatically invoked.

                $('#container').tabs(tab_id, {
                     remote: true,
                     fxFade: true,
                     fxSpeed: 'fast',
                     onShow: function(clicked, shown, hidden) {
                        clickTabAction(shown);

Is there a way to create the tabs without having the "onShow" action
invoked the first time?  Note, if people start clicking on the tabs, I
would like the function called.

Thanks, - Dave

This is not the case in the demo and it shouldn't be for the initialization.
http://stilbuero.de/jquery/tabs/

Thus I assume there is some more code you haven't posted? Maybe you are immediatly triggering a click after initialization. This of course will correctly fire the onShow callback.

-- Klaus

Dave, I'm sorry, I was wrong. This happens if you use remote tabs and an onShow callback together (well, any callback) - I have overlooked that. This is a shortcoming due to the fact that I baked in remote tabs much later. It's really time for a complete rewrite, but for now I'm going to fix that problem regardless of the rewrite.

-- Klaus

This is now fixed. Please download the new version from SVN or from here: