Mandy Singh wrote:
Hi Klaus,
Thanks for sending that link across. I will take a look into it. However, do you have any pointers to my other question? {If you land on the page with your remote div populated with the first result directly from the backend, then click on 2nd link and populate results in the remote div, then click back, now remore div is empty. It only happens with the default case, ie, if you click on 2nd link, then 3rd link, then click back you come to 2nd link related content correctly, but now clicking back leads into an empty div. That's probably because history isn't triggered by default when you just come to the page?}

You can pass a callback to the initialize function that is called if you push the back button to the point where the browser's address contains no fragment identifier/hash.

By default the containers is emptied in that case, but passing the callback will overwrite the default. In your case you'd need to pass a function that either loads content from the first container remotely or gets it elsehow from cache (capture it on page load with the already existent content).

$.ajaxHistory.initialize(function() {
    // load first container content
});

But usually this is not required, because you could as well include a hash in the url, that triggers loading of the first container:

http://whatever.com/#remote-1

-- Klaus