Rob,

The function $.each is *the* jQuery function - $ refers to the global jQuery
object, which has a member function each(), hence that is how I refer to it.
You wouldn't need to use the $ if a jQuery object was assigned to something
else, e.g.

var elements = $("...");
elements.each(function() {...});

If you only need to use the element which matches that value requirement
then you can include that attribute in the selector instead of iterating
over the set:

function test(value)
{
   $("#smsUserPrice [EMAIL PROTECTED]"+value+"]").attr("selected", true);
}

So you then just need to pass the value of the option to select into the
function.

--rob

On 5/24/07, RobG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On May 25, 1:29 am, "Rob Desbois" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Oh yes, sorry I forgot the ); after the function passed to $.each().
> Corrected (and tested!) version is below:

It seems to me that the only jQuery function necessary is .each,
subsequent use of $ is unnecessary.

If the intention is to select only one option (i.e. it is a single
select) then the function should exit once that occurs - the following
is a shorter version.    I'm new to jQuery, can you show me how to get
out of the loop once the correct option is found?

function test() {
  $("#smsUserPrice option").each(function()  {
    if ( this.value == "z" ) {
      this.selected = true;

      // stop .each loop here... how?

Rob