Mike Alsup schrieb:
thanks for that hint,
i changed that and in my sample it will do the job (documentation should
be updated, see: http://malsup.com/jquery/block/#dialog ) ...

The documentation is correct.  Use $.unblockUI() when invoking the
function directly.  Use $.unblockUI when passing the function as an
argument.

ok, that was unclear to me.

however i changed my sample to hide the prompt and show the loader:
"$.blockUI.defaults.pageMessage = '<h3 class="warning">Anfrage wird
bearbeitet</h3><p>bitte warten ...</p>';"

It works fine if you make two changes.  First, do not set async to
false.  There is no reason to do that.  Second, remove the 30ms
timeout.  That's causing things to abort before you can even see the
message.
oops, i thought the timeout was there to end the waiting / pending status of the ajax call after given time ... (note to myself: RTFM!)

that really caused a lot of trouble: if you set timeout and use async = true, you always get an undefined error. bah!

Also, in your case you don't even need the unblock call in your "yes"
handler because you're immediately invoking an ajax call and the
blocking message will simply be replaced.

i know, i just wanted to make sure, cause in my implementation (not the example) i had the case where two modals where there in IE6. i mixed up the code a bit. sorry if this is confusing.

it might be a little bit lame for most of the subscribers on this list, but i would like to post the working example here, in case anyone else is having problems with this :-)

i would like to here some opinions on that before, cause it's really a high traffic list, and i don't want to spam this list with my code

micha