If I reload, close the Tab or navigate somewhere else, it is not given
back. If I close the Browser and Re-open it, yes.

I checked out some tweaks from a firefox memory leak discussion
( http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1327586/posts ) but
nothing works so far. I'm using Process Explorer to monitor Private
Bytes. I disabled firebug and webdeveloper toolbar.

This is about 0.5 to 1mb per operation and the requested data is about
50kb.

Firefox is taking so much memory and the more it takes the longer the
scripts need to execute rendering the whole javscript/jQuery stuff
useless. I mean how do you handle that? It's just simply not working
any longer after a hundred clicks. Even Reload gives me Messageboxes
telling me that a script is taking long and wether I want to stop,
debug or continue that. Is there something like freeing jQuery
objects, resetting something or similar? Resetting the whole
javascript engine maybe? I only need that for Firefox.

Thanks for your help so far!