Hi John, I quickly tested jQuery 1.1.3a with my jVariations plug-in and it
crashed Safari (immediately). I'm going to take a look into it this week and
will hopefully be able to provide more information. The page I was testing
it on was quite complex and Safari was already struggling (taking a few
seconds to update) with jQuery 1.1.2... so I'm hoping it's just bad/sloppy
code on my end. Firefox and WinIE6/7 had no performance problems.

There's a lot going on in that little plug-in, so it's hard to tell exactly
where it's failing in Safari. Is there a list of what's changed in jQuery
1.1.3a ? Has anyone run into Safari-specific performance issues?

The code that is killing Safari is for a client project, so I cannot share
it at this time. I'll try to simplify the code for testing, remove all
client-specific references, and share my findings with the list (and enter a
ticket if necessary).

My other plug-in, hoverIntent, showed no problems with 1.1.3a in my limited
testing.

Brian.

On 5/25/07, Volker Mische <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

> > I have to admit that I haven't found a faster solution.
> > removeAttribute() just takes to much time. So perhaps the serializer
> > should be "fixed". This would mean a slow down for Internet Explorer
> > on html(), but this seems ok for me, as this is a Internet Explorer
> > bug.
>
> That's absolutely a possibility - could you add that as a comment to
> the bug? I could definitely work with that as a valid solution.

I've added a patch for this at the ticket. In my tests it wasn't as
slow as I expected it to be.

Cu,
  Volker.