I suppose I'm living in something a dream world, but I'd hate to see Google
Gears / HTML 5 / Yahoo's / Microsoft's / The next Gee-Whiz 2.5, 3.0 Web
company to all come out with their own client side dB implementations.  I
guess we'll have to add database abstraction functionality to jQuery now.

- jake

On 5/31/07, Dan G. Switzer, II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jake,

>Won't FF3 / HTML 5 address the off-line database issue? Isn't this just
>muddling the field before the industry backed solution comes out?

But what about people needing a solution that will work now and w/older
browsers?

The offline usage thing is increasingly becoming a common request.

-Dan