Ruchi,
My suggestion would to something like:
      childDiv.unbind('click').remove();
      parentDiv.unbind('click').remove();

If I am understanding how memory leaks happen, that code should help.

On 5/31/07, Ruchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm a JS and JQuery newbie and I'm trying to resolve a memory leak
that comes in IE for my code. Basically, I add elements to the DOM
dynamically based on a list of items that I receive from a backend
server. I used JQuery to create the list dynamically but noticed that
the memory taken by IE keeps on increasing every time the code is
executed.

I read up on JS memory leaks, and while I'm still grappling to
understand the issues entirely, I found the pattern below to eliminate
memory leaks.

--
Benjamin Sterling
http://www.KenzoMedia.com