Hi Luc,

I just had to figure out a similar problem, and
dynamically remove a select option. Thankfully, there
is an easy plugin available:

http://www.texotela.co.uk/code/jquery/select/

>From the page:

Remove an option by index:
$("#myselect2").removeOption(0); or value:
$("#myselect").removeOption("Value"); or with a
regular expression:
$("#myselect").removeOption(/^val/i);. To remove all
options, you can do $("#myselect").removeOption(/./);

In my case, I simply want it to remove the default
blank value if they've selected a value, so here's my
code:

if (obj.attr("id") == "" && obj.containsOption(""))
{
    obj.removeOption(0);
}

--kim

--- Luc Pestille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]").val();
>    $("#admin-jobs .jobtitle").hide();
>     titles_needed = "#admin-jobs .discipline" +
> discipline;
>    $(titles_needed).show();
>
>   $("#admin-jobs .discipline_agency_row
> select").change(function(){
>    $("#admin-jobs .jobtitle").hide();
>       titles_needed = "#admin-jobs .discipline" +
> $(this).val();
>    $(titles_needed).show();
>    });
>

> This is what I've come up with, and logically I
> think it should work,
> but it doesn't. IE strips all the options out (but
> shows the empty
> dropdown) and won't add any back in, and FF doesn't
> strip any out at
> all.
>

>   //show titles dependent on discipline selected
>   $discipline = $("#admin-jobs
> .discipline_agency_row select
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]").val();
>    $titles_needed = "#admin-jobs .discipline" +
> $discipline;
>    alloptions = $("#admin-jobs .jobtitle").clone();
>    if ($discipline){
>      reqoptions = alloptions.find(
> "option:not('"+$titles_needed+"')"
> ).remove();
>     $("#admin-jobs .title_row select").empty();
>     $("#admin-jobs .title_row
> select").append(reqoptions);
>    }
>
>   $("#admin-jobs .discipline_agency_row
> select").change(function(){
>       $titles_needed = "#admin-jobs .discipline" +
> $(this).val();
>    alloptions = $("#admin-jobs .jobtitle").clone();
>    if ( $(this).val() ){
>      reqoptions = alloptions.find(
> "option:not('"+$titles_needed+"')"
> ).remove();
>     $("#admin-jobs .title_row select").empty();
>     $("#admin-jobs .title_row
> select").append(reqoptions);
>    }
>    });
>
> Anyone got a method that does work, or does a plugin
> exist to counter
> IE's bug?
> Luc Pestille
> Web Designer
>

> in2, Thames House, Mere Park, Dedmere Road, Marlow,
> Bucks, SL7 1PB
> tel: +44 (1628) 899700  |  fax: +44 (1628) 899701  |
>  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  web: www.in2.co.uk
> This message (and any associated files) is intended
> only for the use of jquery-en@googlegroups.com and
> may contain information that is confidential,
> subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret.
> If you are not jquery-en@googlegroups.com you are
> hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or
> distribution of this message, or files associated
> with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this message in error, please notify
> us immediately by replying to the message and
> deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and
> from us may be monitored. Any views or opinions
> presented are solely those of the author

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
tools to get online.